Saturday, November 7, 2009

DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE

As I was carting an abandoned bicycle up the street, I spotted a discarded flatbed scanner. Since Eve was on her way to pick me up, I grabbed it too. The other day I opened it up and poked around. The platen will be kept. What else?



I set the stepper motor and 7 inch circuit board aside as a potentially useful items. But what's that above them?



In my excitement I blurred the photo, but it reads DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE. No wonder it caught my attention. How high voltage?






200 volts AC. Huh, not bad. Should strike an arc, I think. Hmm...




A couple chunks of copper wire and it's a small Jacob's Ladder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your response! For quality control purposes, all comments are moderated. Spam, profanity, and off-topic comments will not be posted. But since you are a kind and gentle reader of this humble blog, those warnings do not apply to you. Welcome!