Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Stripping down an abandoned television

I also got Dan's help to take apart the abandoned TV that I found on Sunday. He is getting very good at this sort of thing.



Safety nuts, be advised that I shorted out the flyback and capacitors before Dan resumed poking around inside.




I had promised him that he could smash the case if he wanted.




Dan and Uncle Michael figured that this was where the case should go. But it may become a craft project some rainy weekend. Eve was envisioning a backlit opaque acrylic screen -- she has a source of translucent acrylics with really nice texture patterns. We'll see what hapens.




I don't know if I have any use for the picture tube. Anyone know any good tricks it can do?




These are all of the things that Dan felt were worth keeping. A closer look:




The plastic plate and dial are interesting. 2 FED B 13?




I am excited about the flyback transformer. I'll desolder it and read up on ways to drive it. More high voltage hijinks to come!




The television was assembled in 1982, but it looks like this vintage printed circuit board was designed in 1978. It is very interesting looking. More fun views:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your response! For quality control purposes, all comments are moderated. Spam, profanity, and off-topic comments will not be posted. But since you are a kind and gentle reader of this humble blog, those warnings do not apply to you. Welcome!